Our customers have access to high performance technology, processes and materials that extend component service life while reducing operational cost and fuel usage. Metco Joining & Cladding solutions do that by increasing uptime with leading edge coatings on mining equipment — applied using thermal spray, GMAW welded overlays, Plasma Transferred Arc (PTA) and laser cladding technologies. Working together with customers throughout the world as an industry partner, using innovative technology to provide performance and true value to operations.
Innovative Technology for Extended Service Life
Among our many other solutions and material products for mining, we also develop breakthrough materials using our patented Scoperta computational alloy development process. These materials perform equal to or better then costly tungsten (WC) solutions. Some of our technology is designed to be used with readily accessible GMAW (MIG) welding equipment, allowing mines to perform their own work. Metco Joining & Cladding’s numerous game changing solutions have provided step change improvement to the mining industry.
- Metco Joining & Cladding develops and manufactures welding products, including tungsten carbides and tungsten carbide blend materials.
- Our unique iron-based materials perform like carbides in high stress abrasion environments while providing the impact resistance of manganese steel.
- Newly developed manganese steel materials perform like chromium carbide overlays, designed for high stress abrasion while still maintaining unparalleled impact resistance.
- We develop new carbides such as our Metco 50201A WTiC, that offer high hardness, excellent impact resistance, high temperature stability during the welding process and lower density, while enabling our customers to achieve superior performance at lower cost.
New materials solutions for true value
Equipment repair and operational cost increase year after year, reducing profitability and mine yield rates. Metco Joining and Cladding is committed to developing and implementing next-generation materials that provide significant improvement in equipment up time, thereby reducing costs.
We strive to create innovative surface solutions that deliver tangible value and enhanced bottom-line performance. As your technological partner, we focus on developing practical solutions with materials that solve your wear, abrasion, and impact challenges.
Developing new hardfacing materials that increase the service life of key mining components is critical to maintaining operational uptime. Our solutions not only increase measurable efficiencies, but also reduce your carbon footprint by:
- Minimizing the time between service intervals
- Reducing replacement component inventories
- Maintaining optimum operational component geometries
- Reducing weight
Areas we are Offering Solutions for: